Thursday, April 1, 2010

See! Space Turtle in...

Today we have our first installment of 'Fun with Vectors.' This is me trying to learn Illustrator.

The first piece I did was simply working off of a photo from a few years back, featuring me in a steampunk costume complete with wacky goggles:


For the next assignment, I decided to do something more illustration-based, so I re-drew a sketch from a year or so back, of Space Turtle fighting his nemesis: He'e, the Space Octopus!

I dragged my heels a bit on starting this one, but I really did enjoy working on it in the end. And so we have The Cephalopod Menace:



The original plan for this was to do a movie-poster style, with crazy text and everything, but I think it works much better without. I really fell in love a bit with Illustrator while working on this, it was just so much fun and gave me a chance to work with the bright vibrant colors that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment