Friday, April 23, 2010

Fireflies and Robots

Finally finished up this painting. Originally intended to be watercolor-only, eventually the paper couldn't take any more paint and so I went in with colored pencil to finish it up. There's a bit of digital touch-up on the fireflies as well because what was luminous green-yellow on the original turned into an unhappy brown-purple on the scan.


Original is about 14 x 16". Not sure where I want to go after this. I'm thinking something a little more sci-fi to prepare for InConJunction in July.

In that light, I spent a good few hours yesterday sketching robots and hoverboards.





I had a lot of fun with these designs, so I'll have to continue in this vein and see what I come up with.

3 comments:

  1. I love your Header--Inside the Dream Tree--great title. Nice Illustration work throughout your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your painting is the wallpaper for my color nook. I get compliments on how beautiful that painting with the small girl in her bed - looking up at fireflies! :)
    I love it. I wish I could get a larger print.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a way to buy either the original or print of that painting with the girl and the fireflies? My niece LOVES that painting and asks me all the time to show it to her.

    ReplyDelete