Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Editorial Illustrations (4) and Illuxcon!

We were meant to have critique on our editorials yesterday, but the teacher was out sick with flu all week, so the crit got pushed back until tomorrow. Which is all well and good, but a bit disappointing, as I worked all weekend to finish the assignment on time, and then went running around school yesterday getting things printed-- my poor printer finally ran out of ink yesterday and I don't currently have funds to get refills.

So here's the last of the three editorials:


Because we all know that this is exactly the kind of thing technology would get used for.

In other news, Illuxcon is now only a week and a half away! I'm panicked and excited all at once. I'm not looking forward to an 8-10 hour drive each way, but on the other hand-- an evening party with artists and free food! The chance for lots of other people to see my work (I'm bringing my masks and some prints for the Saturday evening showcase)! Demonstrations and panels with famous and awesome people! All very promising.

Of course, it also means the beginning of three consecutive weekends where I am busy all the time: first there's Illuxcon, then Anime Crossroads, and then it's Thanksgiving weekends, where I'll be at my parents' and be too busy being mobbed by small children to do anything productive. Fortunately, the next assignment for illustration is the coloring book, which is nice and easy and not stressful at all-- giving me at least some time to work on my independent project. Woo.

No comments:

Post a Comment