Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Welcome!

So I had a sketch journal several years ago, and it was rather fun, but never went much of anywhere. In need of an "art blog," though, and not being nearly knowledgeable enough to talk intelligently about techniques and such like some awesome people I know of, I have decided to go ahead and put up scribbles once again.

We'll start off with some of my favorite sketches from 2009 thus far:

At the start of the year I came up with a character named Meztli, who was working as a sort of magical researcher/librarian when she got pulled into an adventure (isn't it always the way?) There was a rather hostile government takeover and while she managed to get out in time, her husband and son did not. So of course, she went to rescue them.

Meztli and her son, Kuei:

And a family portrait with her son and husband:
 
 I'm not sure if I ever properly came up with a name for her husband or not, come to think of it. It might be in my notes somewhere.
Next up is my ever-popular Space Turtle, and his nemesis the space octopus, He'e:

The next few are revisits of some older characters. First up we have the protagonists from my old webcomic, Parallel Parchment (from left: the Guardian, Elli, Morwenna, Cael):


 
And then there's an older character of mine named Izeli. I'm... still not really sure where the inspiration for this sketch came from, but damn if it isn't a fun costume:

 
And I think that'll be it for this post. Stay tuned for some more recent stuff next time, including some of the work I'm doing for my ongoing world-building concept project for Parallel Parchment.

No comments:

Post a Comment